Aging and Health in Africa
Countries with a high percentage of elders risk a serious disease burden and increasing stress on health and social welfare systems.Nowhere is this more evident than on the African continent, where high poverty rates, civil unrest, and unsteady government structures exist alongside medical advances...
|Corporate Author:||SpringerLink (Online service)|
|Other Authors:||Maharaj, Pranitha.|
Boston, MA :
Springer US :
International Perspectives on Aging ;
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Population Aging in Africa
- Chapter 3: Health Profile of the Older Population in Africa
- Chapter 4: Access to Health and Health Care
- Chapter 5: The Impact of AIDS on the Older Population
- Chapter 6: Poverty, Health, and Well-being
- Chapter 7: The Situation of the Rural Older Population
- Chapter 8: Policy and Program Responses
- Chapter 9: Conclusions and Recommendations.